Take Away My Reproach God
And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples, Even the veil which is stretched over all nations. He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken. Isaiah 25:7-8
What do we mean by reproach? Reproach can be term as a cause or occasion of blame, discredit, or disgrace, one subjected to scorn.
I prophesy, Everything thing that men call a reproach in your life shall be terminated by the reason of your joint heirs status with Christ in Jesus name.
Let us look at some of the examples of reproach.
- Naaman: 2 Kings 5:1 “Now Naaman, captain of the army of the king of Aram, was a great man with his master, and highly respected, because by him the Lord had given victory to Aram. The man was also a valiant warrior, but he was a leper. Verse 4 “Naaman went in and told his master, saying, “Thus and thus spoke the girl who is from the land of Israel.”
First Prayer point: I want us to take our letter to Christ and cry out to God now that enough is enough!
2. Jabez: 1 Chronicles 4:9 “Jabez was more honorable than his brothers and his mother named him Jabez saying, “Because I bore him with pain.” What is it that is honorable with pain? Absolutely nothing and that was why he cried out to God. Verse 10 says “Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!” And God granted him what he requested.
Second Prayer point: Whatever you don’t want again in your life, I want you to armed yourself with the name of Jesus this morning and renounce them now.
3. Racheal: Genesis 30:1-6 “Now when Rachel saw that she bore Jacob no children, she became jealous of her sister; and she said to Jacob, “Give me children, or else I die”… When you’ve been in a reproach situation for so long, most of the time it causes many of us to lose our senses receive more reproach. How? 2 Then Jacob’s anger burned against Rachel, and he said, “Am I in the place of God, who has withheld from you the fruit of the womb?” 3 She said, “Here is my maid Bilhah, go in to her that she may bear on my knees, that through her I too may have children.” 4 So she gave him her maid Bilhah as a wife, and Jacob went in to her. 5 Bilhah conceived and bore Jacob a son. 6 Then Rachel said, “God has vindicated me, and has indeed heard my voice and has given me a son.” Therefore she named him Dan.
- Long time in reproach can cause misdirect anger if not careful.
- Racheal’s focus was on Jacob but Jacob gladly reroute her to the right source which is God.
- Racheal wanted to get out of her reproach so bad and desperately therefore she took the wrong step
Third prayer point: God help me not to take any wrong step that will complicate my issue in the name of Jesus.
Cry to God again to lead you in a right and sure direction to get out of your reproach.