Do We Still Have Prophets? Yes, We Do!
There are prophets of Baal, and there are prophets of God both are still inexistent.
Misconception in Luke 16:16 that there are no more prophet
“The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John… In other words, many interpretations agreed that there is no more prophet. Reread your bible and ask the Holy Spirit for better understanding.
The scripture says, Until John the Baptist, the law of Moses and the messages of the prophets were your guides, so Jesus was telling them that He is here now, and when He left the Holy Spirits take charge.
Here are some questions to challenge our reasoning:
1. What is the right news that Jesus sent believers to preach to the world?
2. Is it everyone that is teaching that good news as was sent?
3. Who are the people preaching the good news, and what are they called?
Your answer to this questions may broaden your knowledge and give you more understanding of what prophet means. “I am sending them into the world” Are we genuinely preaching what He sent us?
Who is a Prophet of God? The one sent by God.
A prophet of God means the one God has chosen, a “licensed” messenger.
A Prophet of God is someone that God has approved, and He’s sending him on an urgent errand to continue the delivering of a specific message to His people and the whole world as He pleases.
Example, “Jesus said to them, “Don’t be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see me there.” Matthew 28:10.
“Does it mean that Jesus forgot to inform his brothers earlier of where to meet him? Absolutely No! He didn’t. He had told them even before they arrested Him, but for a reason best known to the disciples, they didn’t believe Him, or maybe they forget. Therefore they refused to oblige.
Either in old testaments or new testaments, old days or this current dispensation as a messenger of God (Prophet) remains a messenger; only the mode of their operation may be different. 1 Samuel Chapter 16
“The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.” But Samuel said, “How can I go? If Saul hears about it, he will kill me…”
In John 17:18-20 Jesus says, “Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.
“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.
The book of Acts Apostle chapter 22:21 mentioned “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’
In this article, I will share only three things with you if God has chosen you to be His mouthpiece.
- The first thing I will share with you is, Prepare your will as in the legal distribution of your properties that is if you have some; and handover your family back to God. “What if I have concluded to sell all my properties and give the money to the poor? There is nothing wrong about this idea, but the other side of what you decide is that you too will become poor and this new status will give you the privilege to know what other poor people are enduring. You will also have firsthand experience in understanding the difference between Faith in God and Faith in the Tithes and Offerings that comes in every Sundays or whenever you have services. This courageous act may also give you an opportunity to have a sober mind that there is no sense in establishing a private mission school for the sake of the poor people and the same poor people will not be able to afford the school due to the very high cost of school fees. However, what you feel or decide to do is irrelevant the God that sent hold the keys to your instruction. But if selling your property was part of the direction you received from God when He called you, then it will surely work correctly. Caveat! Make sure you heard from GOD clearly before you allow your money or properties to ends up in the hands of a religious fraudster. Also be very sure that you don’t sell your properties or give them to any Pastors, Prophets, Overseers or Bishops to buy a private jet because of your ambition to become a Deacon or Pastor later for the benefits of tithes and offerings or to belong to their caucus. Your gesture maybe synonymous with stupidity and might subject you to lifetime religious slavery. BEWARE! How? Because the bible says “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
2. The second thing I will share with you if you desire to be an effective messenger of God is to be ready to eat from the “Ravens” and drink from the “brooks.” In other words, be ready for persecution and rejection. Why did you say that? I said that because I know for sure, and moreover, the work of a prophet is not the type of assignment that everyone will applaud you, or want to give you a gift. That means if God does not send you-you may die of hunger and depression.
3. The third thing and the last that I will share with you, for now, is that you cannot remain with the familiar (family) if God is sending you on an errand. In other words, you must disengage yourself from all lies, deceptions, and sentiments. Before I received my calling, I was under a few diplomatic religious gurus’ that are major in tutoring their disciples on how to be subtle in deception and sow seeds to receive anyhow blessings. However, for my assignment of (prophetic ministry) to be competent and in compliance with my Commandant instructions I must drop all known diplomatic and deceptive strategies lifestyle.
The power of the Holy Spirit is what propels a true prophet of God.
Acts Chapter 2
“And it shall be in the last days,’ says God, ‘That I will pour out My Spirit upon all mankind; And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams;
18 Even on My bond-servants, both men and women, I will in those days pour out My Spirit, And they shall prophesy.
In conclusion, It is better not to be born again than for you to say you’re and not carrying out your assignment because of fear or sentiments. Check out your ways and dare to take a stand.
“ For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. ” Romans 8:19.
I pray that God will give as many people that want to stand for him the power to be able to carry on their assignment in Jesus name.